The training comprised series of lectures, group works, workshops, and quizzes/games led by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hendro Wicaksono with the following goals
1. To assess how ready Weichai for industry 4.0.
2. To discuss the requirements for work of the future and the role of new technologies, such as Internet of Things, Big Data, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and 3D printing technologies.
3. To develop the steps to introduce those technologies to improve business processes, products, and services of Weichai.
4. To apply technology and innovation management methods to transform new ideas using those technologies to a marketable product/service and to formulate the suitable business model.
5. To prepare the capabilities and willingness of Weichai’s employees for digital transformation and industry 4.0.
Weichai is state-owned Chinese enterprise with more than 64,000 employees that designs and manufactures diesel engines, vehicles, luxury yachts, and automotive parts for worldwide market. It has more than 80 subsidiaries throughout China and overseas. It has been awarded several times for its innovations and quality.